INCLUSIFY YOUR BUSINESS
GET CONFIDENT WORKING WITH TRANSGENDER AND NON-BINARY PEOPLE
As a coach, healer, or any other heart-centered entrepreneur, you obviously have a huge heart. You want to help everyone and being inclusive and supporting all of your fellow humans is one of your core values.
But you’re not sure of the right words to use. The correct terminology.
You live in fear of offending someone. Of saying the wrong thing, causing hurt or embarrassment.
Or saying the wrong thing and being publicly shamed for being a transphobic a-hole, ruining your reputation and possibly your business — the stakes are so high!
But what if you didn’t need to worry? What if you could create a business where inclusivity came as naturally as breathing? And what if you could have someone by your side to answer your burning questions, a safe space where to voice your fears and a sounding board to check your ideas?
Hi, I’m Alex Karjalainen
I help coaches, healers and other heart-centered entrepreneurs like you to create a business that’s inclusive AND to apply the knowledge in the real world!
● So you can create a sense of safety and acceptance that comes through in every interaction, be it face-to-face or online.
● So you can feel confident and comfortable working with anyone. And everyone will feel confident and comfortable working with you.
● And you can be confident that the image your business gives reflects your own values.
This is why I created…
INCLUSIFY YOUR BUSINESS
In this 4-week 1:1 programme you’ll learn:
● What it means to be transgender, non-binary, or questioning (not just the definitions, but gaining empathy for the lived experience)
● How to use the terminology correctly (so you don’t accidentally offend anyone or look like an a-hole)
● How to phrase your website copy for inclusivity
● How to position your marketing to be inclusive and welcoming
● The importance of consent before talking about these issues with your clients
● What minority stress means and how it affects your clients
● How to create a safe space for your clients in your work together
● How to avoid saying ‘the wrong thing’ (and what to do if it happens anyway)
I know how this works from both sides of the desk - I’ve been teaching about sexual and gender minorities to health care professionals for over 5 years, and I’ve also sat on the other side, telling someone I’m transgender and getting a blank stare and a slow “oooookaaaaay” back…
...And realizing they have no fucking clue what that means…
...and deciding whether I want to take the time to educate them…
(FYI, that should never be your client’s job!).
I’ll be honest: A lot of times, I’ve just bypassed big parts of my past because I knew the other person wouldn’t get it. And it would be painfully awkward for both of us.
As a responsible, caring person, you don’t want to be that coach who responds with a blank stare, scrambling to figure out what the hell “transgender” means and how it might affect your coaching relationship.
After this training, you’ll be able to confidently move forward with your clients who are trans, non-binary or questioning — no blank stares, no panic, no urge to clam up for fear of saying the wrong thing.
“After taking this training, I feel confident about working with transgender and non-binary people. I’m much more comfortable and knowledgeable with less confusion.”
— Carrie Johnson
Here’s what we’ll do in our 4 weeks together
Inclusify Your Business is a 4-week 1:1 programme that’s tailored to your needs.
First, Here’s what you WON’T get:
● Judgement - this is a judgement-free zone, we’re all here to learn, none of us are perfect
● Made fun of - no mocking! Laughter is encouraged, but not laughing at anyone
● A general one-size-fits-all overview you could read in a book or online - we’ll get specific into your individual needs for your individual business and clients
+ A “tell me more about you” form to fill out before we begin so that I can better tailor the content to your needs
+ 4 x 60-minute sessions with me (via Zoom)
+ Email support between sessions for asking any questions that arise
+ Actionable steps to take between sessions
Session 1: Getting to know your business
This session is for looking at your business, where you’re at right now and what your goals are. We’ll also start talking about gender and the terminology.
Session 2: What it’s like being transgender/non-binary
This session is for giving you an idea what it’s like to live as transgender/non-binary, what minority stress is and how it can affect your clients, so you can have an idea of what kind of shit they’re dealing with underneath the surface. (Sometimes your clients won’t even realize they’re experiencing this!). We’ll also discuss what this actually means for you as a coach.
Session 3: Putting it into practice
The aim of this session is to get a clearer picture of how to put the knowledge into practise. To do this, we’ll cover topics such as how to create a safe space (in your office or online practice) and how to create an inclusive environment.
We’ll also take a look at how you can make your website and social media more inclusive with small changes, so that you won’t be turning away clients seeking your help!
We’ll discuss how to avoid outing someone (and what “outing someone” actually means!) as well as how to gain consent before starting a conversation about trans/non-binary topics and why this is important.
Session 4: What if I do something wrong?
When we try anything new, we’re not going to do it perfectly — and inclusivity works the same way.
So, if you put your foot in your mouth accidentally, we’ll discuss how to handle it with grace and humility. There are no stupid questions, so, ask your questions and voice your fears here!
During this session, we’ll discuss everything we’ve learned so far, tackle questions such as “How do I know if I can ask this question from a trans/non-binary person?” and talk about what kind of problems you might face when working with trans/non-binary people. Because it’s not likely to be all smooth sailing!
And if you still have questions that haven’t been answered during the training or if you have any doubts or fears about working with trans/non-binary people, voice them during this session.
“Do it. Like any continuing education - like ethics classes, even if you think you are doing okay with it all, you will always learn something that will make your life and your client’s life better.”
— Joanna Schmidt
Still not 100% sure this is the right training for you? Let me help you out.
This is for you if…
● You’re passionate about helping anyone, not just men and women.
● You’re interested in the different ways gender identity can present itself, and you accept people for who they are.
● You want to feel confident that every client who comes to you feels cared for, comfortable and respected.
This is not for you if…
● You don’t believe gender minorities are real (yeah, that’s a thing)
● You think gender identity can be ‘cured’
● You don’t have a genuine interest in helping transgender and non-binary people with their problems (to be clear, being part of a gender minority is not the problem. But it often affects the kinds of problems people experience).
What, more questions? That’s totally okay (that’s what this training is all about!)
Why should I take this training? I already know about transgender and non-binary people.
That’s awesome! But if you’d like to update your knowledge or if you have any insecurities around the subject or you’re not sure if your marketing reflects your inclusiveness, this training is exactly what you need.
This training will also give you the most important piece there is: How to apply the knowledge you have in the real world.
When and where are these sessions?
We’ll book in the sessions for times that suit you. The aim is to hold one session per week.
Please note the sessions must be used within 6 weeks of the first session.
All the sessions are held online via Zoom, so you don’t have to worry about travel. You can attend the sessions wherever you are.
What does it cost?
The training costs £478.
Unfortunately I do not offer concession pricing or payment plan options at this time.
Have a question I didn’t answer?
You can email me at [email protected] and I’ll be happy to answer your questions!
“I feel more confident about the transgender experience and more knowledgeable about the appropriate terminology. I really appreciated Alex’s willingness to research and answer my questions, especially as they related to my clients.”
— Erin Reibel
© Alex Jaron. All rights reserved.
Thank you! Your message has been sent.
I'll get back to you within 24 hours (Mon-Fri).